Growing up, Leanne Lougheed enjoyed a variety of sports, but it was in her early 20s that the owner of Quality Fitness in Castor decided to train for – and run – her first half-marathon.
“My sister was doing a half-marathon, so I followed her step,” Leanne recalls with a laugh.
Working as a WestJet flight attendant at the time, as her family grew, it was time to start thinking about career options that would keep her on the ground back home in Castor.
Earning her personal training certification in 2010, Leanne discovered a love for sharing her knowledge and helping others reach their fitness goals. Building on that experience, she took the leap to gym ownership in 2018 when Quality Fitness became available.
“I just love seeing the positive change in people and being able to help them reach that,” Leanne reflects during a break in morning classes. “To take something that’s so important in my life, and to see all the benefits from sharing it, it’s just so rewarding.”
Looking for reasons to spring into your fitness routine? Here’s 5!
- New to the gym environment? Welcome! “We welcome everyone from those in their 20s to those in their 60s or older – we have such a wide range of people,” Leanne says. An orientation is the best way to start for those new to fitness or just getting back to it, and a great way to feel comfortable in the gym. “It’s a relaxed environment where you get out what you put in. And we’ve all been in that place where you’re just starting out.”
- Getting the whole family busy: Other classes are designed for teens, with training for youth sports teams also available. “Having something like this when I was a kid would have been terrific!”
- Flexible to your schedule and goals: With a wide variety of memberships, 24-7 gym availability and classes that range from Intro to Strength to the perfectly named Butts and Gutts, you have lots of choices to suit your schedule and goals. “I like to be available to people when I’m here, so I know if I want to get my own workout in, I need to do it from 5 to 6 a.m.,” Leanne reflects. Not a member? You’re still welcome to book a class or drop in.
- Options for how you like to work out: Work out on your own, step into a class with Leanne or another instructor, or book a personal training time – an awesome option for those needing a little help developing a program or staying accountable to their goals.
- More is on the way: We know changing up our workout from time to time helps keep things fresh. The same is true at Quality Fitness! Watch for new personal trainers joining the team and a variety of new classes that will keep things interesting.