Superintendent Barron provided a report on the work in Clearview Public Schools which is moving our Education Plan forward and creating a “First Choice” learning environment for Clearview’s students. Spotlights included:
- Superintendent Barron, Deputy MacDonald and the Director of Inclusive Learning have been doing school visits and meeting with principals about their leadership inquiry question.
- We are having conversations with administrators about two division initiatives: ELM and Rock the Diploma.
- Many schools attended the Collaborative Response Model Conference in Edmonton. There were 3 presentations from Clearview at the conference: CRM and small rural schools, Quality Literacy Support, CRM Support Plan (IPP that is being co-created with Clearview).
- Preparation is being done for the PowerSchool Training April 15 – 18.
- Director of Inclusive Learning is meeting with principals and Inclusive Lead teachers for the spring student meetings and supports for next year.
- Deputy Superintendent MacDonald and Director of Inclusive Learning Grant Gosse attended CASS training in Edmonton.
Early Learning Program provides great supports to students
Early Learning and Literacy Coordinator Wendy Coppock shared the learning excellence Clearview provides to 3 and 4-year old students in our early learning Start Right playschool program. Every Clearview school offering Kindergarten has a Start Right playschool program. These programs are aimed at providing language rich environments where children can play and learn. The students have fun with learning and receive strong supports that prepare them for Kindergarten and Grade 1. For more information, please click HERE and HERE.
Opportunities to become a sponsor of the running and walking track
The Shared-Use Recreational Field Committee met on April 5, 2019 and discussed a sponsorship plan that includes opportunities for corporations or individuals to sponsor the Stettler Community running and walking track. For information on the sponsorship plan, contribution levels and recognition, please click HERE.
Tentative Board Meeting dates approved in principle
The Board of Trustees approved the expected Board meeting dates for 2019-20. To see the list of dates, click HERE
Projected (Spring) Budget to continue supporting students and staff
The Alberta Government has announced that it will not present their 2019 budget before the April 16, 2019 election. School jurisdictions have been given an extension to June 30 to submit their Projected (Spring) Budgets to Alberta Education.
In preparation for the June 30 deadline, senior leadership will be engaging in budget conversations with division leaders, school leaders, and trustees to review opportunities and strategic initiatives for 2019-20 that will best support student success.
The budget process is planned to be finalized by the end of June.
-Submitted by Clearview Public Schools