Skip to content

PHOTOS: Coronation Royals rolled over by Combines at the Castor Beaverdome

The struggling Coronation Royals couldn’t stop the bleeding when they hosted the Provost Combines in Castor on Nov. 10.

The struggling Coronation Royals couldn’t stop the bleeding when they hosted the Provost Combines in Castor on Nov. 10.

Provost hit the ice strong, with Tanner Fleck finding the back of the net just under three minutes into the opening period. Dalton Angeltvedt and Chandler Klein assisted him.

Klein made his own mark with just over nine minutes left in the period, assisted by Garett Olson and Fleck.

Angeltvedt finished off scoring in the period a minute later, finding the back of the net himself, assisted by Zander Varty and Damien Chopek.

After 20 minutes, Provost was up three-nothing. Shots in the period were 19-seven in favour of Provost. The only penalty in the period was a two-minute interference call taken by Keagan Watchel just before the halfway mark.

Coronation’s defence seemed to find its footing in the second period, limiting the Combines to two goals.

The first goal was scored by Colin Scherger just over five minutes into the second, assisted by Angeltvedt and Carter Trenerry.

Klein notched his second goal of the night with just over eight minutes left, assisted by Angeltvedt and Chopek.

After forty minutes, Provost left five-nothing. Shots in the period were 20-15, favouring the Royals. Both goals scored against the Royals were scored on the powerplay, the first while Aaron Neumier was in the box for boarding, and the second while Koby Sieger was in the box for tripping.

The only other penalty in the second was assessed against Provost’s Nathan Heck, who took a penalty for cross-checking with just under four minutes left.

Heading into the third period, both team’s defensive players came alive with each side being limited to just nine shots on goal.

Watchel found the back of the net, scoring for Provost just before the halfway mark of the period, assisted by Scherger and Zander Varty.

The Coronation Royals found their way onto the scoreboard in the third, with Mitch Finkbiner’s third goal of the season, scored short-handed and assisted by Koby Seiger.

Each team picked up three penalties in the third, varying from cross-checking to interference.

After 60 minutes, the final score was six to one, favouring Provost.

Shots on goal were 43-36 in favour of Provost. Each team took 10 minutes worth of penalties, and the Combines scored twice on the powerplay.

The Coronation Royals were back in action on Nov. 18 in 13-4 loss to the Forestburg Flyers.

A full write-up of the Royals-Flyers game will go up once the scoring summary goes up on the East Central Senior Hockey League website~Editor

Kevin Sabo

About the Author: Kevin Sabo

I’m Kevin Sabo. I’ve been a resident of the Castor area for the last 12 years and counting, first coming out here in my previous career as an EMT.
Read more